Whether it’s in life or business we all need a strategy to get where and what we want.
You can say, it’s like a road map to creating and delivering the life you seek personally or professionally.
For some, it can take a long time to figure this out and one can spend a great deal of time and energy on useless tactics or guys that reap no rewards.
For others, they know what they want and they go for it!
It's kind of like dating.
In my experience, most women, no matter how much of a free spirit, free love type they claim to be, deep down want a stable, honest, reliable relationship with a man they can trust and feel a sense of security with.
However, their strategy to this ultimate goal can be flawed and they do the same things or in this case date the same type of guy over and over again expecting different results, the true meaning of insanity!
To help solve this insanity and shed some light on developing your marketing or dating plan, here are my 5 tips for creating a successful plan whether you are seeking love or a marketing success.
1. Determine who your target is, whether it’s looking for the ideal partner or the perfect customer, you need to understand who your target customer is, where they are and how to attract them to what you are selling. Please note ladies, do not target the same type of douche bag guy to date over and over again, branch out try different methods to meet the right guy.
2. Know what your unique selling proposition is and communicate it effectively or in this case it should be your personality, values and beliefs, don’t lead with your cup size or superficial assets to find the right guy for you.
3. Make sure you have clear quantifiable objectives in your marketing plan and stay focused. For instance if you want a decent guy, do not go on several dates with a guy who is not right for you. Trust me you are not going to be the one to change him.
4. Identify the steps you need to take to get what you want, this is the most important part of creating a strategy. You must lay out a step by step plan as to how you are going to meet your goals. Keep in mind you may need to adjust your tactics as you go, so be fluid in your decisions not your bed mates.
5. Finally assess the risk and outcome of your decisions and always measure your results against your objectives. If not you do not measure your results, then there is no point in creating a plan and executing it. In doing so you have a better chance of success in business and dating.
In conclusion, I hope you found this fun analogy helpful and it gave you a different perspective on how to determine your marketing strategy with dash of dating advice thrown in.
Once you have a plan, I guarantee you, it’s a lot easier to obtain your goals, but keep in mind be fluid in your thinking and stay true to your purpose and adjust accordingly but do not sacrifice your brand integrity.
Hi my name is Farzanah. I am a marketing pro with 10 + years of experience in marketing management and a busy mom dedicated to helping small business owners improve their marketing with copy writing that transforms their online visitors into taking action.