Last week was Canada Day(July 1st) and soon followed was Independence Day (July 4th). This year I was lucky to be home in Canada celebrating with my fellow Canadians and family as I currently call Miami home.
I have to say, it felt good to be there and was happy that our annual trip coincided with Canada's birthday, it has been at least 10 years since I was in Canada for this particular holiday.
These fantastic days, July 1st and July 4th, also made me reflect on how great celebrations are for the soul, they really make you feel good to be around people who share the same uplifting feeling, the mood is usually different and there tends to be a sense of joy and friendliness.
Now wouldn't it be great to feel a sense of celebration everyday and even better how can we translate this joy into our small businesses ? Here is my take on how we can turn any ordinary day into a celebration for your business.
1. Make your customers feel special every time they enter your store. Welcome them, learn something about them like their birthday or name so that you can follow up with a special email offer.
2. Create a celebration in your store. Who wouldn't want to be in a store that feels festive and where everyone is in a good mood. You could do this by simply celebrating the non traditional holidays on the calendar, like chocolate day. Make sure to get your employees involved and taking part.
3. Offer a sample or gift of some sort. It could be an item you may already sell, a coupon for a discount or a useful promotional item.
4. Have a block party in your store or social media page, this doesn't have to be extravagant, simply invite customers for champagne Fridays, or virtually pop a champagne bottle on your social media page every Friday. The idea is to keep it festive and fun.
5. Have a special shout out on your social media pages for customers, this could range from taking a picture of someone in your store and posting it, to giving away an online prize for guessing something simple, like how many days of the month have "r's" in it. Celebrate the winner!
I hope you have a great celebration everyday in both your personal and business life. Please add any other celebration ideas you may have, I would love to hear from you.
Hi my name is Farzanah. I am a marketing pro with 10 + years of experience in marketing management and a busy mom dedicated to helping small business owners improve their marketing with copy writing that transforms their online visitors into taking action.