April 22nd is Earth Day.
What does this mean?
GIVE BACK TO MOTHER EARTH!
It also means you will see an increase of brands, campaigns and events surrounding this amazing month of earth awareness.
With this in mind I wanted talk a little about how you can show your socially aware side everyday even if your brand or service does not fit the criteria for being eco-friendly.
As a company especially a small business, utilizing a “give back” strategy can enhance how you are perceived and will show another side to you and your business. It is also a great way to get your employees involved in doing something fun for the community.
Here are 5 easy ways to show your earthy friendly side without killing the budget!
1. Host a charity event: host a charity event at your place of business where a small percent of everyone’s purchase will go the charity.
2. Donate goods: if you are a store that sells items that can be donated for use such as clothing, food, or general supplies. Make it a point to set aside items that can be donated to needy charities. You can create a yearly drive.
3. Set up a donation vestibule: how about setting up an empty box in your store or at the entrance where you can encourage customers to donate used clothing, shoes or anything that maybe of use.
4. Sponsor a cause and get involved: you can get focused on a particular cause such as tree planting and show your support by participating through registered organizations already doing this. It is a fun and easy way to get your staff involved.
5. Give a per cent of sales to a worthy cause of choice: if you want to keep it simple, donate a per cent of sales to a charity of your choice, you can make this fun and alternate the charities that receive donations monthly or quarterly. Also partner with the charity of choice to send out co-promoted emails.
Thanks for reading, I hope you found this helpful!
Click to like, retweet and share.
Hi my name is Farzanah. I am a marketing pro with 10 + years of experience in marketing management and a busy mom dedicated to helping small business owners improve their marketing with copy writing that transforms their online visitors into taking action.