We are well into the last quarter of the year and for many small businesses this is the time to really drive sales and for some, this time of the year can represent almost half of your annual sales.
If you have not had the time to plan extensively for the holidays, here are 5 easy to implement ideas to help get you through the holidays and end the season with a bang.
1. Bundle related products and or services you sell for an attractive package deal and charge a higher price point for better margins. Customers will appreciate you making their life easier by creating a ready-to-give gift.
2. Create promotions. This could be in the form of an enter to win contest, a sales promotion on certain merchandise or a challenge for customers to enter their pictures on your website or social media sites for a chance to win a prize. For example cutest pet contest if you are a pet store.
3. Get active on social media sites. Promote your products, promotions and events on the social media sites you are already active on, this is not the time to learn a new platform. Decorate your page, use consistent imagery throughout all sites, and keep your message clear and concise. Also make sure you post regularly.
4. Decorate your website. Your website is essential to helping customers learn more about you, so make it interesting fresh and relevant to the season with captivating images. Also show off any promotions, new products, contests and offers you have going on.
5. Get together with other local retailers and create an event to help increase foot traffic for everyone. This could be as simple as a travelling holiday party where customers can stop by and enjoy a glass of wine while shopping.
Hi my name is Farzanah. I am a marketing pro with 10 + years of experience in marketing management and a busy mom dedicated to helping small business owners improve their marketing with copy writing that transforms their online visitors into taking action.