Promotion is one of my favorite P’s in the Marketing Mix because
you can truly measure your results. Through my experience, creating promotions have worked really well for any type of brand once you have clear objectives. I’ve ran promotional campaigns for brands such as Fiji Water, Kellogg’s to image brands like Red Bull and Stolichnaya and have always had great results one way or another.
Here are my top 5 reasons why promotions really work!
1. You can measure your results – done properly promotions allows you to measure your ROI in a timely
manner, but first you must set clear quantifiable objectives to measure against. This can be as simple as selling 100 additional units or to increase your fan base by 500 fans in 6 weeks. Make your objectives attainable, realistic and give yourself a stretch target for that extra push.
2. Drive Sales – I think promotions are one of the best ways to quickly drive incremental sales. I love
using promotional tactics such as enter to win contests or gift with purchase to drive immediate sales, but make sure your sales return pay for the prize or gift you offer along with incremental sales. Spend the upfront time determining your objectives and developing the best strategy before executing.
3. Gives you focus – what a great way to get focused on what you want to say when you have a great
promotional campaign with a clear message to push out to your customers. Having this focus will allow you to communicate effectively with a consistent message allowing you to stay on track with your objectives.
4. Cross promote – the cross promotional opportunities are endless when running a promotion. Find a
complimentary product or company and promote away through prize donations for contests, in store trials, posting on each other’s platforms or create a joint email blast.
5. Create engagement on many platforms – with one promotional concept to communicate your message should be clear and concise allowing you to have fun creating superb engagement through your social media platforms. For example; get customers to post pictures using your product if it ties into your promotional campaign.
GET YOUR FREE PROMOTIONAL PLANNING TEMPLATE - 8 STEPS TO EXECUTING A KICK-ASS PROMOTION!
I hope you find this helpful. If you have any additional tips or reasons why promotions work for you, please feel free to leave a message or contact me.
Join my social network on Facebook - Smallbiz Marketing from idea to execution
By: Farzanah Mohamed | Smallbiz Marketing Consultant | www.smallbizmarketingconsultant.com
Hi my name is Farzanah. I am a marketing pro with 10 + years of experience in marketing management and a busy mom dedicated to helping small business owners improve their marketing with copy writing that transforms their online visitors into taking action.