I found a great article with smart tips and techniques you can use to give your business a fresh start for the New Year. Here are 10 essential tips you can do, however, do not feel you need to this all at once, pick 3
critical ones and start from there. My favourite one is ofcourse: UPDATE YOUR MARKETING PLAN!
10 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Small Business
1) Organize Your Accounting Monthly. Do not be one of those business owners who scrambles to get all of your accounting done so that you can get your in one month. Know your numbers by the 15th of every month so that you understand how much profit is in every sale.
2) Leverage Technology to Save Time and Money. Take classes to learn how to use your smartphone, tablet or laptop device. If small tasks make you crazy, there really is an app for that.
3) Check Your Keywords. If you are using a content strategy to build your social media footprint, it is only as good as your keywords. They can change over time, so use WordTracker.com or Google’s keyword research tool to make sure you are up to date on your target customer’s search habits.
4) Update Your Marketing Plan. Develop your 30-day sales goals and then develop your marketing action steps to accomplish your goals. If you need twenty sales in a month, figure out how many phone calls, emails, blog posts, tweets, videos or Facebook messages you need to post to generate enough leads per week to close your required sales. It’s a lot easier to manage your business finances with this kind of sales and marketing plan.
5) Upgrade Your Customer Experience. Make your customers love to call you. Retrain your team in customer service procedures. Think of at least three ways to boost your customer experience. Can you shorten your shipping time? Upgrade your packaging? Add more freebies with upsell products? Or create a loyalty program? Do a few things.
6) Go Mobile NOW! There are a large number of adults who only access the internet from a smartphone. You need to make sure that your customers can find you online with a mobile device. Upgrade your website so that it is mobile ready which means simplify your website.
7) Look For Growth Opportunities. If you don’t grow your business, you could get left behind by a competitor. You should make sure that you stay on top of trend data in your industry. Did you notice a potential opportunity with your customers that you could leverage this year? Is it time to go international? Is there a new niche you should pursue?
8) Create a New Giveaway to Build Your Email List. Social media is great for brand awareness and lead generation, but email is still king to close a sale. Each year it’s best to create some new content that is
helpful, juicy and shows you are invested in your target customer’s success. They will need to give you their email address to access things like a sample product, white paper, free audio download or webinar
9) Mind Your Data. Use your Google Analytics to learn more about your regular website visitors. What content do they share the most? How many pages do they click per visit? What is your bounce rate? What
are your best traffic referral sources? Also look at the activity in your shopping cart and track conversions overtime. Then use the information to give your target clients more of what they want.
10) Try One New Thing in Social Media. If you have spent the last year or so dominating on one social media platform, it’s time to add one more site to your regular social media mix. Pinterest, Google+, BlogTalkRadio and YouTube are great options to consider.
Do you have any more resolutions that you are working on in your business for 2013?
Repurposed from: Melinda F. Emerson
Hi my name is Farzanah. I am a marketing pro with 10 + years of experience in marketing management and a busy mom dedicated to helping small business owners improve their marketing with copy writing that transforms their online visitors into taking action.