No, not those 3 words, these 3 words I call: Power Words.
What are power words you ask? Power words are carefully chosen adjectives or verbs that can really help your writing stand out, get attention, and most importantly help your readers visualize what you are trying to say.
When creating a piece of writing for your email, website or your blog, you may get excited about sharing everything you know about the topic. This can lead to the dreaded long boring copy that people barely scan much less read.
Happy New Year Everyone. I am starting this year with a non-marketing post because I wanted to share with you how I plan on conquering my "resolution breaking" fears by not making resolutions, rather I am making simple daily changes to help fuel my business, mind and soul.
"According to HubSpot, over 50% of respondents say they read most of their emails and 80% of people are reading their email on mobile devices."
I think toddlers are one of the most destructive little people you can find, I cannot believe the amount of crazy mess my little girl can make within a span of minutes. It blows my mind but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Writing a headline for your blog can either be a fun experience or a chore and you may be tempted to leave it to the end after you've written your amazing piece. DON"T DO THAT.
If you are anything like me the term SEO gives you a massive headache, there are so many ways to analyze and optimize your site to better reach customers that it can leave you spinning.
Now, I do not claim to be an SEO expert oh that’s Search Engine Optimization, but I do however, understand the importance and relevance of it for your business. What I do - is give people honest simple advice for their small business.
So here are 3 simple tasks you as a small business owner can do today to optimize your website and social media pages to ensure people can find you.
The other day I got an email from GROUPON and decided to browse through the must have 90% off deals and noticed a high number of fitness offers.
I thought wow, there are a lot of great classes and training sessions available at amazing prices and also wondered why these awesome small business owners are giving it away so cheap?
This is one area of the service business in my opinion that truly has something great to offer, with valuable marketing content to promote. After all it’s about taking care of your health, your life and well being.
For inspiration on how other small business owners took their business to the next level, here are two articles featuring two entrepreneurs who saw the potential in their ideas and went for it.
For Women Entrepreneurs, here are few articles to help us in life, money and business.
3. 11 Grants for Women-Owned Businesses You Need to Know About
4. Does Putting Women in Charge Strengthen Your Business?
5. How to Separate Work from Personal Life as a Small Business Owner
In Social Media and Content Marketing news, use these productivity tools to get the job done, keep updated on any topic with 10 minute podcasts and summer won’t be summer without some reading by the pool.
6. 5 Twitter Tools to Boost Your Productivity
7. Get valuable social media tips from the Social Media Examiner Podcast you can listen to in 10 minutes
8. Recharge Your Content Marketing: 5 Things to Do Today
9. Social Media books for your summer reading
Keep mind, body and soul on track with these tips to help you throughout the day.
10. 10 Natural Ways To Keep Sitting All Day From Ruining Your Back
If you enjoy reading like I do, please send me some of your favorite articles. I would love to learn more. Thanks.
In an effort to develop my blog to deliver quality marketing strategies for small business owners, I read a variety of blogs and articles from other experts on various topics. Upon reading many, many articles, I’ve hand selected 10 well written pieces with worthwhile information I know will be worth your time. Here is my short list, hope they inspire and inform you to get the job done.
Content Marketing seems like all the rage these days, but what does it really mean for the small business owner and how can you use it for your business? Before we get into the meat of things, let’s define content marketing, according to Content Marketing Institute,
“content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
For the small business owner, it means you need to get on board and figure out your content marketing strategy and start sharing your valuable expertise. This can seem overwhelming to some, but it does not have to be.
Content Marketing for the small business owner is simply giving your customers what they value from you: advice about an issue they are having, conversation when they enter your place of business, inspiration through sharing something positive or uplifting to brighten their day, education and any information you know they will find valuable. Your customers will thank you which can mean leads you can turn into sales. It is not a quick process, it is a long term commitment like any good relationship with a high potential for customer loyalty.
As a guideline here are 5 types of content you should share with your customers.
3. Inspirational: provide relevant motivational images, videos or a funny customer story. Use hi res images for motivational posts, I find these to be much more inspiring with a great quote.
4. Entertaining: everyone loves to be entertained, show a lighter side to your business by sharing a fun video you found online, however keep it as relevant as possible to your business, then again who doesn't love a good video of a cat chasing his tail.
1. Advice: give your target audience advice on a problem they may have, offer valuable solutions and ideas. Make sure you follow up with your advice, to see if the problem was resolved.
2. Educational: provide information where your customers are sure to learn something, this can be in the form of e-book,a simple cheat sheet with helpful tips and tricks or a how to information. This type of content depending on your business should be the bulk of your content marketing strategy. You can include some promotional information here, but keep it very limited.
5. Get personal: customers love reading personal stories, share something about you, like how you got started or a sneak peek into a new product/service you are working on.
For a detailed list of content ideas check out this link from QUICKSPROUT 15 types of content to drive more traffic.
I hope you find these tips helpful and please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Hi my name is Farzanah. I am a marketing pro with 10 + years of experience in marketing management and a busy mom dedicated to helping small business owners improve their marketing with copy writing that transforms their online visitors into taking action.